January 22, 2019
Denton West End Community Library are inviting you to join them for their Harry Potter inspired coffee morning, taking place on Saturday 9th February! Enter the wizarding world of Harry Potter at the community library where you can expect cakes, arts & crafts and tasty refreshments, this will be a great family day out for all those Harry Potter fans!
The coffee morning will be taking place on Saturday 9th February between 10am & 1pm, contact the community library on 0161 336 6225 for further details or like their Facebook page, search Denton West End Community Library.
January 21, 2019
- The UK has been crowned by Forbes, for the second year running, as the best country for business following its latest survey published in December 2018. A total of 161 countries are assessed on 15 different criteria.
- The UK is the only country to land among the top 30 in all 15 metrics, including property rights, innovation, taxes, technology, corruption, freedom and workforce.
- Forbes states that although sterling plummeted 9% against the US dollar the day after the EU referendum result and remains down, the economy has ‘held up relatively well’.
- With the official exit from the EU scheduled for this March, Forbes recognises that uncertainty remains. Some UK companies are holding off investments to see how Brexit affects trade relations, but on balance the business climate remains attractive, with a globalised economy that is more open than most in terms of trade, investments and capital flows.
January 21, 2019
- With renting offering more flexibility than ownership, some tenants have traditionally used the sector as a way to get to know a new area before committing to buying.
- Indeed, the majority of tenants stay within their local area when moving home.
- In 2018, over a quarter (27%) of tenants moved within a mile of their previous rental property, and two thirds (68%) stayed within ten miles.
- At the other end of the scale, 8.1% of tenants starting new tenancies in London in 2018 moved from overseas. Despite political and economic concerns, this is actually an increase from 7.3% in 2017.
January 17, 2019
I have found a brilliant investment opportunity in Central Denton. The terraced property requires full refurbishment but is priced to reflect this and I believe would have a great yield once renovated….
January 14, 2019
Further to my last post showing the fantastic Buy to Let investment opportunity on Reddish Lane, I had the opportunity to visit myself and below is the Video walk-through for you to have a look at!
If you would like to arrange a viewing, or any further information, please contact the Sales Team on 0161 443 4020.
January 10, 2019
Julian Wadden have just listed a newly refurbished two bedroom terraced property on Reddish Lane.
It has recently undergone a comprehensive refurbishment including a new central heating system, revised kitchen and bathroom and new decoration and carpeting.
You could expect a fantastic rental income of £625.00 per calendar month, which equates to a 6.8% gross yield based on the purchase price of £109,950.00
As the property is so well presented, it wouldn’t take long to find a tenant at all. A link to the listing is below:
If you would information about buy to let investments please just give me a call on 0161 443 4022.
January 8, 2019
This property is new to the market and came online just a few days ago. The two bedroom semi-detached house needs a full program of refurbishment however it is priced to reflect this.
Once renovated, you could look to receive a rental figure of around £650.00 per calendar month, which is a project yield of over 8% on the initial purchase price. Taking into account the cost to renovate, you would still expect a yield of well over 6%.
The property is on the market with Spencer Harvey and can be found on Rightmove HERE.
If you would like any advice or to talk further about buy to let investments give me a call on 0161 443 4022.
January 3, 2019
There is an immaculately presented three bedroom property on the market set over three floors with two bathrooms, which has potential to be a great investment.
The stunning mid-terrace was added to the market just before Christmas with a guide price of £165,000 by Julian Wadden. There looks to be no refurbishment required at all so should command a premium rental figure and judging from the photos you may be able to move a tenant straight in.
I think this property would achieve between £800 & £825 per calendar month which would give you a yield of between 5.8% & 6.0% which is good for a property that should be incredibly low maintenance.
Click here to see the property and arrange a viewing!
If you would like to talk further about buy to let investments give me a call on 0161 443 4022.
December 17, 2018
- There are many factors that influence our quality of life and well-being. In 2010, the ONS started the ‘Measuring National Well-being’ (MNW) programme in order to have a standardised monitor of well-being. The latest bulletin was published on 28th November 2018.
- At a national level, previous research has shown that how people view their health is the most important factor, followed by employment status and relationship status. At a local level, a wide range of local conditions can affect people’s well-being, with housing affordability a key issue. In particular where local house prices are too high relative to incomes, thereby preventing prospective buyers from getting on to the housing ladder and they subsequently remain in rented accommodation.
- Comparing June 2017 with June 2018 there were no significant changes to personal well-being measures (life satisfaction, feeling that things done in life are worthwhile, happiness and anxiety) in the UK, or indeed across any of its countries. Also, fewer people reported low happiness ratings and more people reported very low anxiety ratings.
- The positive changes in well-being across the UK may be influenced by the improvement in economic indicators during the 12 months, such as the unemployment rate which was at its lowest level between April and June 2018 since the period from December 1974 to February 1975, at 4%. Also, average weekly earnings for employees in Great Britain increased by 2.7%, in nominal terms, compared with a year earlier. However, in June 2018, the rate of annual house price growth was also at its lowest level since August 2013, at 3%.
December 5, 2018
I’ve found a three bedroomed property on the popular Colwyn Crescent in South Reddish which has potential to be a great investment.